What the heck is The Liebster Award…..? Apparently, this award is given to bloggers from bloggers. Liebster in German means kind, sweet and beloved. Like a chain letter, this award is passed on and it seems no one knows of the origins or when this award began. The rules are simple and has varied over time. If your blog is nominated and you accept the award:
Display the award on your blog, the simplest way is to save the image and then upload it.
Recognize and link back to the blogger that nominated you
Answer the set of questions (asked by the blogger who nominated your blog)
Nominate 10 other bloggers with 200 or less followers (not as easy as it seems)
Ask your own set of 10 questions
Finally, let your nominees know you nominated them for the award. You can do this by going on to their blog and notify them.
The choice is yours if you would like to accept the award or not. In my opinion this just a way to discover and recognize new bloggers and welcome and encourage them to our world of blogging.
With that being said, I feel very honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you onlyinthebay for the nominee. Wow, what an honor!! I have never been honored in any such way before. Thank you very much. Its been an amazing 3 months back into blogging. My wonderful friend Keito, from Keitochansays.com has also been an amazing friend that encouraged me to start back into blogging again, every time he saw me. No matter how much excuses I had, Keito had a reason why I needed to stop giving excuses. Thanks Keito!
Recently, I’ve had wonderful comments on my posts, I’ve had coworkers tell me they follow my blog, I never even told them I had a blog, that makes me feel so honored. Thank you all for the encouragement, thank you for pushing me and thank you for sharing and retweeting. Now for the questions my nominee onlyinthebay asked me:
1. What got you to start blogging?
For me, I wanted to share my love for my culture. Im half Japanese and I’ve always been proud to be Asian. I want to be recognized as an Asian American Blogger
2. How long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging in September 2012, I believe. After a few months, I stopped. I just started blogging again in December 2013 so technically about 6 maybe 7 months, just not consistent. This award helps to encourage me as well.
3. What do you have a hard time with in terms of writing?
I have the hardest time thinking what I should blog about. I start writing many times and I change my mind half way through, thinking it may not be a topic anyone would like to read about.
4. What kind of movies do you like?
Oh boy, movies…… I like adventures and comedy the most.
5. What is one dish you can not live with out?
Rice, I think for me it would definitely be japanese rice.
6. Is there a specific spot you like to be when you write? if so where?
I usually sit on the floor in the living room, using our Ikea footstool as my table.
7. If there is one place in the world you would like to go to right now; where would that be and who would you bring with you?
Thats easy, Japan. Sapporo, to be exact. I’d bring my husband and children of course.
8. If you were to go to a deserted island, what three things would you bring with you?
I’d bring my husband, a blanket and a knife
9. What is the strangest food you have ever tried?
10. Have you ever been nominated for a liebster award before?
No, Never. Many thanks again for the nominee and for this opportunity, onlyinthebay.
Now for my 10 nominees for The Liebster Award:
My set of questions are:
1. Please tell us what made you want to start blogging?
2. If you were famous what would it be for?
3. What makes you smile?
4. What advise would like to share with other new or newer bloggers?
5. Do you have a favorite blogger or blog to visit and why?
6. Who or what inspires you and why?
7. If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go and why?
8. What is your favorite meal?
9. Is there a beauty product you can’t live without?
10. Favorite animal?
It was hard for me to find blogs with 200 or less followers. Its not always easy to discern how many followers some blogs have. So, if you have more than 200, my apologies. No one is obligated to accept this award. I know some blogs may not except awards, that is not always easy to discern too. Again, my apologies if I included your site.
I was also thinking of just starting a post for anyone who has 200 or less followers to just leave their blog post for others to easily recognize and follow. Stay tuned, I may be doing something like that in the near future……
Don’t forget to follow me for the latest asian trends….
This is all in fun and thank you.